Dr. Jun Ishikawa, Professor of Sociology
- Faculty of International Relations, University of Shizuoka
- address: 12-24 Yada Shimizu, 4240887 Japan
- email: email@example.com
- phone: +81 54-264-5325
- 1981 B.A. (literature) University of Tokyo, Tokyo
- 1983 M.A. (sociology) University of Tokyo, Tokyo
- 1995 Ph.D. (sociology) University of Tokyo, Tokyo
- 1989 Assistant Professor (sociology) University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka
- 1994 Associate Professor (sociology) University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka
- 1997 Professor (sociology) University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka
- identity politics
- disability studies
- sociology of emotion
- ethnic and racial studies
- Automatic Translation Program of Japanese Text to Braille
- Screen Reader
- Editing Software for Voice and Braille
- Internet Browser
- Internet Mailer
- Identity Game: Sociology of Proving Self Value. Shinhyoron, 1992.
- Sociology of Emotion: Age of Emotion Consciousness. Sekaishisosha, 1997.
- Invitation to Disability Studies: Society, Culture, Disability. Akashi Shoten, 1999.
- Why Do We want to be Recognized?: Sociology of Identity Dependence. Junposha, 1999.
- T. Kochman, 1982, Black and White Styles in Conflict. University of Chicago Press = Shinhyoron, 1995.
- A.R. Hochschild, 1983, The Managed Heart: Commercialization of Feeling. University of California Press = Sekaishisosha, 2000.
Recent Papers and Essays
- "Politics of Disability: From Disability Movements to Disability Studies" Sociological Review, 2000.
- "Discourse on Emotion in Emotion Managing Society: Neither Artificial nor Natural" Shiso, 2000.
- "Emotion Labor and Counseling" Counseling: Illusion and Reality, 2000.
- "Children with Disabilities and their Families: The Process to Relative the Story of Love and Effort" Transformation of Family and Children: Is Familya Resource for Children?, 1999.
- "Electronization of Civil Society and Identity" Families in Welfare Society and Public Consciousness, 1998
- "Politics of Identity" Sociology of Discrimination and Multiculturalism, 1996.
- "The Present Situation and Problems of the Screen Reader for GUI: Focusing on the Work Done in North America and Europe" Data Processing Magazine, December 1995. "Interphase of Multiculturalism: On Electronical Welfare Theory" Social Clinical Magazine, 1996.
- "Sociological Examination of Proving Self Value of the Parents of the Childrenwith Disabilities" Social Clinical Magazine, 1994.
- "Parents of the Children with Disabilities and the Birth of New Parenthood" Rediscovery of Familism, 1995.
- "The Present Situation of Ethnicity Studies: Focusing on Identity Issues" Liberation Sociology Studies, 1991.
- "From Self-help Groups to the Movement Involving Others: From the Activity of a Group of People with Disability"Edited by the Society of Social Movement Theory Studies "Towards theIntegration of Social Movement Theory: Theory and Analysis" Seibundo, 1990.
- "Strategic Dilemma of Social Movement: Between the Social Change and the Self-Change" Sociological Review<, 1988.
- "Politics of Deviance: Identity Management of the People with Stigma" Shiso,1985
- EXTRA(Japanese text-Braille translator), Ver.1.0-3.3 1991-2000, Amedia
- EXTRA for Windows, Ver.1.0-1.21 1998-2000, Amedia
- Grassroots(DOS screen reader), Ver.1.0-5.0 1992-2000, Amedia
- Vega(editor and browser, Ver.1.0-6.5 1995-2000, Amedia
- outSpoken for Windows in Japanese(Windows screen reader), Ver.2.01 1999-2000, ALVA-BV
- Extra for Linux, Ver.1.0 2000, EXTRA